05 Apr Danny Vega – Powerbuilding Week 5 – Bench, Pulls
Over the next several months I will be the Guinea pig for some new ideas on training and diet that I will perfect with the help of Tucker Loken and Brian Carroll. This will be the groundwork for an upcoming ebook that we will release in the near future.[wa-wps]
Rough week so far. Trying to close on our house and the builder is being difficult. We’re all a little stressed right now. Prayers and positive vibes are appreciated.
I’m just tired and luckily I have the gym as my therapy. Last two training days have been ok. Volume up, rest down, I shouldn’t be surprised that my bench didn’t fly up yesterday as usual, but different goals right now and they outweigh overall strength. My conditioning is through the roof so that’s great.
1. 4 sets of calves as part of warm up
2. Paused bench 45×20, 135×8, 175×6, 225×3, 4×5@285,305,320,335, down set 225×20
3. Incline bench 2×6@245, 225×10 , 185×12 (misloaded. Was supposed to be 225. Just cut it off after this)
4. Incline cable flye w tempo changes 3×10@30
5. Seated cable flye 2×10
6. 1.5 rep dips X11,9
7. Ab wheel 4×15
8. Uphill walk 20 min (bumped up the speed)
Bench 285,305,320,335×5. 2 min rest. A little heavy on the last set but the rest has me fatigued! #1020life #tentwentylife #powerrackstrength #teampowerrackstrength #teamPRS #jackedandbeautiful #powerlifting #squat #benchpress #deadlift #offseason #meetprep #inzer #powerhousegym #tampa #Powerbuildingexperiment
Bench top set ^
Down set ^
1. Conventional pulls 135×5, 225×3, 315×2, 405×1, 435×5, 455×5, 475×5, 505×5
2. Pull ups 23 (PR), 12, 8, 7, 6, 7. 63 total. Gonna work on adding to this total weekly
3. Chest supported row 270×12, 320×12, drop set 280×8, 230×12
4. Mag grip pulldowns 2×10@160
5. Preacher curl 90×10, 80×12, 80x
6. DB hammer curl 3×10@50
7. 500 m row with 3 min rest 1:48, 1:47, 1:42. Will add another set next week.
Pulls from this morning. Still taking it light and easy. Speed is good, no pain. 4×5@435,455,475,505. Last two sets shown. #1020life #tentwentylife #powerrackstrength #teampowerrackstrength #teamPRS #jackedandbeautiful #powerlifting #squat #benchpress #deadlift #offseason #meetprep #inzer #powerhousegym #tampa #Powerbuildingexperiment
On a positive note, the Vegas are getting ripped. Maura has made some booty gains and I am not mad. At all.
I was also extra veiny after my scheduled cheat meal this weekend.
Latest posts by Danny Vega (see all)
- Danny Vega – High Protein recap and training - November 8, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Experiment UPDATE - October 28, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Week 1 – 1020Life Seminar - October 9, 2017
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.