08 Jul Paul Oneid – Deconstructing my squat
I am in the thick of a long off-season. My next meet will be at the end of November, raw with wraps at 220lbs. For now, my focus remains on my professional endeavors, but I will continue to work diligently to improve as a lifter while enjoying a lower stress approach to training.
Get your copy of the 10/20/Life Second Edition HERE
Get your 10/20/Life gear HERE
Get your Captain Jacked Supplements HERE
Grab your INZER Gear, the best gear on the market HERE
The squat is still not feeling natural, which is fine, but as long as I can keep improving each week, I’m happy. This day was a small win. I got in the volume I wanted on the high bar and then some paused work low bar. Since getting the orthotics, I have stayed in the heeled shoe. Based on how this day felt, I am going to work in the flats next squat day. Finding tension is still very hard, so we will see if the footwear change makes a difference. You can see in the video that I still have a slight lateral shift on a few reps. I will be deloading, so it will be the perfect time to implement the switch.
The goal on this day was to get some work in high bar in the RPE 7 range and then practice my positioning low bar. The high bar felt good and the fact I was able to be in the mid 4’s beltless comfortably again is a great sign. The low bar felt sloppy and foreign, but it’s the first time I have used it in a few weeks. It’ll eventually start feeling natural again. Just will take time and I am in no rush.
- High bar – 445x5x5sets (3min rest)
- Paused Comp Squat – 445x3x5sets (2min rest)
- Goblet Hindu Squats – 3×20
- Walking Lunges /ss GHR Hypers – 3x20steps +20 reps
- Stir the Pot – 200reps
- Bottoms-Up Carry – 5 trips/arm
- McGill Big-3
- Sprinter Pose to RDL to Hip Airplane – 2x10ea
- Multi directional lunges – 2x10ea
- Tactical Frog with internal rotations – 2x10ea
- Goblet Squats – 3-5×10
Latest posts by Paul Oneid (see all)
- A Proposition for a Paradigm of Planning Your Personal Periodization - March 4, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | Feet Up Bench PR and Some Squats - March 1, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | A bit of everything - February 21, 2019