06 May Paul Oneid – Squat/ DL – All the reps
I just finished a very hard weight loss phase of the off-season and lost about 25lbs. It’s time to get back to the barbell and build my total. Derek Wilcox will be handling my training and I will continue working with Tucker to ensure that I reverse diet correctly. My next meet will be at the end of November, raw with wraps at 220lbs.
Get your copy of the 10/20/Life Second Edition HERE
Get your 10/20/Life gear HERE
Get your Captain Jacked Supplements HERE
Grab your INZER Gear, the best gear on the market HERE
Today was the first official day of my first training cycle working with Derek. I did something I have never done – I underestimated my maxes. You know why? Because I want to be able to take all of the coaching cues he is giving me and be able to use them. I alluded to it in my previous Squat/ DL Log post, but I have a lot of work to do on my squat especially. Our main goal right now is to maintain tension and improve my hip positioning. The movements are all chosen with a specific goal in mind. Even after 2 sessions I am noticing a difference in my squat, but it will take time to really dial it in. Safe to say that if we can fix my hip positioning, I shouldn’t deal with the ongoing lower body issues that I have been plagued with the last 3 years.
As you can see from the video, I did a lot of reps. As I reverse diet, we have the goal of putting on some solid muscle mass. Bodyweight is up to 218-220lbs depending on the day. I have decreased the intensity and duration of daily cardio, but I am still doing something active daily. I walk a minimum of 30-45minutes each morning and then may do a shorter, more intensive conditioning session post workout, or late in the day, on non-training days. This will slowly taper down as the weights get heavier and the my metabolism starts to ramp up from the increased food.
Today was a rough one and I will definitely be feeling it tomorrow. Everything was in the RPE 7-8 range and focus was on feeling tension and being explosive.
- High Bar. – 385x10x3sets
- RDL – 345x10x3sets
- Reverse Lunge – 155x10x3sets each
- SA Bulgarian – 80x10x3sets each
- Ab Wheel – 3×15
- AM – 40 minute walk
- Post Workout – 20 minute light walk with #HotPam *this was more so to get my legs feeling like they weren’t run over by a truck.
- Bottoms-Up Carry – 5 trips/arm
- McGill Big-3
- Sprinter Pose to RDL to Hip Airplane – 2x10ea
- Multi directional lunges – 2x10ea
- Tactical Frog with internal rotations – 2x10ea
- Goblet Squats – 3-5×10
Latest posts by Paul Oneid (see all)
- A Proposition for a Paradigm of Planning Your Personal Periodization - March 4, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | Feet Up Bench PR and Some Squats - March 1, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | A bit of everything - February 21, 2019