04 Feb Paul Oneid – Squats and a Deadlift PR!
Due to personal and professional commitments, I have decided not to compete until Fall 2018. The quad injury I sustained in my most recent meet is healing slowly, so to keep myself focused and motivated towards a goal, Tucker and I will be working together to shift my focus towards more bodybuilding hypertrophy work, with a diligent focus on my diet. It’s a new challenge and so far I am having a lot of fun – which is important when taking such a long off-season.
Get your copy of the 10/20/Life Second Edition HERE
Get your 10/20/Life gear HERE
Get your Captain Jacked Supplements HERE
Grab your INZER Gear, the best gear on the market HERE
I hit a deadlift PR you guys! AHAHAH well, sort of. I have never done stiff leg deadlifts, for 5 reps, so anything I did over 405 was a PR. You’re reading this log though, so it worked!
Still trying to find my groove on the squat. Today, like last week, was pain free, but still doesn’t feel “right.” I am just being patient and taking what is there. My goal on this day was to control my descent and actually PAUSE my paused squats. I achieved that goal, which was great because it helped to control how much I could load and allowed me to focus on moving properly. I trained at Pam’s gym again as she wasn’t feeling well and had a tough session planned. This is probably my favourite part of being off-season. I miss training with her and will enjoy every opportunity I can do so. She needed a push today with the CrossFit Open coming up. I had to alter my training slightly, but it doesn’t really matter. Because they have very few metal plates, I can only load about 495 on the bar. I had wanted to block pull, but would have run out of bar space, so I opted for some stiff leg deadlifts. Focus was on bracing and initiating the pull with the lifter’s wedge. The top went was a PR lol.
- Peterson Step-Up – 3x8ea, extra heel elevation 3x8ea (6 sets total)
- High Bar Paused Squat – up to 405×5@7
- Stiff leg DL – up to 455×5@7
- Unilateral Goblet Bulgarian Split Squat – 4x10ea
- GHR – 4×10
- Bottoms Up Carry – 4x50ft/arm
- Daily hip rehab sequence
- 5 minutes cardio
- Supine Alternating hip lift x20
- Deadbug hip reset x6/side
- These two movements are aimed to centre the pelvis laterally and anterior/posterior
- McGill Big 3 – 5x10sec each movement
- Single Leg Glute Bridge – 3x10sec iso hold per side
- Iso Deadbug – 30sec/ side
- Single Leg RDL Iso hold – 30sec/side
- Tactical Frog w Internal Rotation – 10+10
- Fancy lunge complex thing – 12 steps (lunge, elbow to instep, trunk rotation, hamstring pull, sprinter pose)
- SL RDL to Hip Airplane – x10ea
- Iso metric Squat holds – 2sets
Latest posts by Paul Oneid (see all)
- A Proposition for a Paradigm of Planning Your Personal Periodization - March 4, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | Feet Up Bench PR and Some Squats - March 1, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | A bit of everything - February 21, 2019