28 Feb Zane Geeting, Last squat night before the Arnold
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic, next weekend in Columbus OH. Its been 2 years since I’ve posted a total, and I’m looking forward to changing that.
After what started as a great training cycle, I’m now fighting a partially torn left biceps and strained left pec (good side). It’s discouraging, but I’m doing my best to hit the platform in as good of shape as possible.
Friday night I got held up at work til about 7:30pm. This put me on a huge time crunch for my 40 minute drive home, to eat change, feed animals, then turn right back around for another 25-30 minute drive to the gym. I got everything done, and made it to the gym around 9:20 pm. I warmed up and got to the squat bar by 10:00pm, about 13.5 hours into my day. Luckily this was just the light pump session for a deload before the meet. Here’s what I did:
Just a few light sets up to 2 plates for a few reps. More stretching and warm up than anything else.
– After that I did a couple sets of each of the following with light weight for high reps:
Seated leg curl
– That was it. Quick one, in and out. When I got home I had to haul some 5 gallon buckets of water out to the animals, because my outside water pipes are all frozen from all the sub zero temps we’ve been having here. I finished that up around 1am, ate, showered, and got to bed just before 2am, so I could be up for work again in the morning. Gotta love it.
Don’t forget to check out Game Plan’s killer line of supplements. Their pre workout Pump is what keeps me going on days like this. If it doesn’t fire you up, I promise you, nothing will:
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.