07 May Zane Geeting, Saturday squat and DL at MI barbell
I’m currently in an off-season training block, focusing on improving work capacity and brining up some weak areas. The weights are starting to increase slowly at this point, and I’m looking at meets in the late fall to early winter. More on that as we move forward.
Saturday was the MI Barbell seminar, turned fundraiser. We had a solid turn out, and it was great to see both friendly, and new faces there training together. The atmosphere was great, lots of energy in the air. I got there a little late, but Carroll and a couple of others had waited to squat and pull with me. My new Overkill briefs had just gotten in that morning, so I decided to give them a try as well. Big thanks to Ria Carroll for running to the post office to get them for me. She’s the best 10/20/mamma bear anyone could ask for.
Here’s how training went:
BW squat and some light stretching. Like I said, I was late… so I had to jump right into it.
Warmed up to 330×3 raw, then added Overkill briefs
– These things are crazy tight and have a ton of support. They were a bit hard to use in this first session, especially because I haven’t used new gear in a couple years. They’re going to take some getting used to, but I’m looking forward to that.
Deadlift (belt only)
Warm ups, then…
– I think this ties my PR with this weight. Not bad for the second time pulling since the Arnold. We’ll see how this continues as the weight increases.
Plate loaded lat pulldown
Warm ups, then…
120’s x12x3 sets
40’s x15x2 sets
– That was all of it. After training most of the team walked down to a little deli and some food. Then my wife and I went to a nice little coffee shop with Josh and Brandi McMillan. We sat in the sun and watched all the high end, and classic cars cruise up and down the main drag in Howell. Phantom Rolls, a beautiful GNX, and several others.
-Later that evening we went to Todd and Heather Spitler’s for a cookout. What a great time… good people, good food, drinks, lots of laughs, etc. I’m truly blessed to be part of the team I am, and to have made friends with the people I have. I couldn’t ask to be surrounded by a better group of people.
– Unfortunately I couldn’t stay and bench with the team on Sunday because I had things to do around the farm, so Tuesday and I made our way back to Beaverton late Saturday night. I’m already looking forward to the next time I can get together with everyone, and hope its sooner than later.
– More training log updates to come in the next couple days.[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]