24 Jun Dan Dalenberg Training Log- 6-23-2014
I’m a raw 242 powerlifter working towards my first 2000 total. I’ve trained using the 10/20/Life Methodology since late 201o, adding 325 pounds to my total and building my best lifts of a 755 squat, 505 bench press, 700 dead lift and a 1900 total. I live in Portage, MI and train at Strength Beyond in Paw Paw, MI.
Right now I am 4 weeks out from a bench only APF meet in Detroit. So far the training has been going fairly well. The general structure has been off-season lower work and precontest benching. Last night’s training was a very exciting squat and deadlift deload.
1. Squat and Dead- ~50% for 3 singles.
375 and 315 respectively. Just fast technique work. It took me several squat sets to get in the same time zone as parallel. Definitely needed the light day.
2. Lat Pulldowns 4 x 15- Not sure of the weight. Kept it moderate.
3. McGill Big Three- A LOT. My back was feeling a bit beat up, spent a lot of time driving and then helping out my training partner at a meet this weekend. All the time in the car and on my feet probably wasn’t doing me any favors.
Pretty good deload day. Left feeling much better than when I got there. [share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Daniel Dalenberg (see all)
- Dan Dalenberg | Off season Wk 7 | Squat - August 20, 2018
- A Binge for the Record Books - August 20, 2018
- Dan Dalenberg | Offseason Wk 5 | Bench - August 10, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.