22 Dec Dan Dalenberg | XPC Week 11 | SQ/DL
Squat- Doubles to 75%
Warmed up through 515 and then took 2 doubles at 605. On the first set I carried the bar a little higher than I should have and got a little forward. Made the lift harder than it should have been, but I was able to correct and get it right for the second set.
Deadlift- 50% x 5 x 1: 315
Block Pulls- 3 x 3
I decided to do these beltless. Two reasons.
- It was late and I didn’t feel like loading and unloading weight. Rather than increasing the weight to make the lift harder, took the belt off.
- For me, the block pull seems to be all about holding position. The higher starting position makes it really hard for me to hold position, so doing this beltless forced me to do so even more.
Finished up with leg extensions and some planks.
Pretty Good Day
I feel strong and more importantly healthy. Definitely starting this training cycle on a good note.
Coming off a very poor performance in Atlantic City. Despite an excellent training cycle, I did not execute to my ability. This failure has left a very sour taste. Currently in the offseason; building momentum towards preparing for the XPC Arnold Classic.
Latest posts by Daniel Dalenberg (see all)
- Dan Dalenberg | Off season Wk 7 | Squat - August 20, 2018
- A Binge for the Record Books - August 20, 2018
- Dan Dalenberg | Offseason Wk 5 | Bench - August 10, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.