27 Jun Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life | Week 3 day 2 Bench Deload | 20 weeks out from the WPO
Be on the lookout and check out our shop often for new swag here: Shop
Announcement: Our first Gift of Injury course (Dr. McGill and Myself) is scheduled for Columbus, Ohio on December 1, 2018, at The Spot Athletics. This excellent facility, owned by Legend Powerlifter, Business Mogul and Strength Authority JL Holdsworth in Dublin. You can register HERE.
If you haven’t yet, check out my new series of articles “my greatest influences,” please see the links below:
Get our new Flag-swag here: PRS Shop
Back to benching, again!
- Warm-up: General 10/20/Life warm-up, as usual, each day includes but not limited to: Breaking a sweat, McGill big 3 and always band pull-aparts and shoulder band/DB work.
- Training: Week 3, day 2 deload week
- Side laterals: 4×10
- Rear delt flye w/squeeze: 4×10
- More band pull-apart (did them in warm-up too)
- 2-arm DB row w/squeeze: 4×10
- DB press: 4×10
- Stability bench: 5x10sets with 135
- Triceps press-downs: 4×10
- Bench push-up: 3×10
- One-arm band press-down: 4×10
- Band pull-apart: 3×15
- 2-arm band press-down: 4×10
- Left-arm double band triceps extension: 4×10
- Stir the pot: 100
Great training session. Felt so good to get back on the bench after a while has passed, over two months. I’ll be ramping up over the next few weeks but taking my time. I won’t be adding too much load and being too greedy.
One thing that 2017 taught me was work ethic and patience. I guess both have come with age for me. My attention span is pretty short but I have taken this offseason time and the last year and four months to work on the details.
We are twenty weeks out from the WPO right about now. I do know this will be over in no time. I was thinking earlier when I wrote this log the first time that I never focused on a meet this far out. Most times I would be healing up physically, busy with something else or trying to get motivated for the next run. I never really took a step back and assessed correctly 100%.
I am happy with where I am at this far out and wish I would have started to focus this far out and taken my time more over the last 15 years. I am focusing on getting healthy, getting my diet 100% dialed in and working on all the little things I’ve overlooked or ignored.
I’m looking forward to getting back under the squat bar on Saturday, also pulling a few deadlifts.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Update – what has been going on!? – Brian Carroll - October 5, 2021
- The best squat instruction top to bottom ever done - July 2, 2021
- The clearest McGill Big 3 instruction ever - June 18, 2021