04 Jun Danny Vega – 2015 Off-season One Layout
Currently in Off-season mode. Will be preparing for a meet in the late fall after this 10 week block.
As I wrap up my vacation and week off from training, I have laid out my goals and template for this first offseason of 2015. I am starting to get antsy to get back into training. It’s just in my nature. Plus, it really helps with the meet hangover.
The goals for this first offseason are pretty straightforward:
1. Increase my bench and keep my shoulders/elbows healthy.
2. Increase work capacity in the squat and get comfortable squatting in wraps again. I’ll be wrapping on my top sets from week one.
3. Pull sumo on my second lower body day. I’ll only do this 2 out of every three weeks to save my hips.
Other than that, I plan on handling more volume than I’ve ever handled in previous offseasons.
Here’s what the layout will be:
Day 1: Combo Lower
Day 2: Bench
Closegrip Ss w BTN pulldowns
Chest supported rows
DB rear raise
Day 3: Lower accessory
Kb goblet squats
Day 4: Upper accessory
YTU and band scape retractions
Like I said, lots of volume, especially on bench. Let’s see how my body responds.
Latest posts by Danny Vega (see all)
- Danny Vega – High Protein recap and training - November 8, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Experiment UPDATE - October 28, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Week 1 – 1020Life Seminar - October 9, 2017
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.