09 Jan Danny Vega – Off-season Week 1 – Deadlift
I am training for the RPS Redemption/XPC Qualifier on May 30, 2015. I will be competing in the classic raw 220lb weight class. I plan on gaining 10-12lbs over the next 10 weeks, and this is the plan. If I am not gaining about 1lb a week, I will adjust up or down.
Week One Deadlift
This first week felt really, really good. I took off more time than I have in previous meets and everything felt much lighter than it has in the past. No hangover from the meet, and the increased calories are giving me plenty of energy for the higher volume. Weight is 219-220, so the weight gain is right on track. 1-2lbs gained this week.
1. Form pulls 5×3@405
2. Rack pulls at knee 5×2@495,585,605,605,605
3. McGill pull-ups 15×3 w/30 sec rest
4. 5×8 DB rows@140,140,140,140,120
5. 5×10 lat pull down@160 w/60 sec rest
6. T-bar rows crazy 8s – strip set @100,90,80,70,60,50,30,20
[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Danny Vega (see all)
- Danny Vega – High Protein recap and training - November 8, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Experiment UPDATE - October 28, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Week 1 – 1020Life Seminar - October 9, 2017
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.