05 Feb Danny Vega – Off-season Week 5 – Deadlift + some fluff n’ buff
I am training for the RPS Redemption/XPC Qualifier on May 30, 2015. I will be competing in the classic raw 220lb weight class. I plan on gaining 10-12lbs over the next 10 weeks, and this is the plan. If I am not gaining about 1lb a week, I will adjust up or down.
Weight is up to 224-225 bc I’ve been eating a bit more than what I had planned to speed things up. I’ve been a bit more strict this week (except for my birthday, when I ate all the cookies). Just trying to maintain this weight for a week or so.
This morning I combined two days of training, as I’ll be going to Disney this weekend to celebrate my son’s and my birthday.
Week 5 pulls and pump
1. Beltless Form pulls 5×1@405,455,495,525,575
2. Beltless Deficit deads + 140lbs of chains 5×1@335,385,415,415,415
3. DB rows 50,80,100,120,140,140×10
4a. Band tri extensions w/ mini bands x100+100 (100 reps with it doubled, then 100 more reps with it looped to lower resistance). This gave me a pump that would make Paltos proud
4b. EZbar reverse curl 100 reps @60
5a. DB shrug with squeeze 3×10@120
5b. DB lateral raise 3×15@25
5c. DB rear raise 3×15@20
6. DB hammer curl 45×25
7. 25 bench Dips because yolo[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Danny Vega (see all)
- Danny Vega – High Protein recap and training - November 8, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Experiment UPDATE - October 28, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Week 1 – 1020Life Seminar - October 9, 2017