22 Mar Danny Vega – Powerbuilding Week 3 – Deload Bench, Pulls
Over the next several months I will be the Guinea pig for some new ideas on training and diet that I will perfect with the help of Tucker Loken and Brian Carroll. This will be the groundwork for an upcoming ebook that we will release in the near future.[wa-wps]
Tucker sent me some changes for deload weeks (thanks again to Tucker who has been an great resource. If u want to lean out I wouldn’t hesitate to reach out to him). Now I’m having him help my wife with training and diet as well. So I have lower carbs on training days and lower fat on off days. Also low-moderate intensity cardio all week since I’m deloading.
I’m really leaning out and my strength feels the same, especially on muscular endurance stuff. Tomorrow I’m going to start my back work with pull ups to see how many I can get when I’m fresh.
1. 4 sets of calves as part of warm up
2. Bench 45×20, 135×10, 175×5, 205×3, 5×2@225, 225×21
3. Incline bench 2×8@205
4. Incline cable flye w tempo changes 2×10@20
5. Seated cable flye w tempo changes 2×10@20
6. Uphill walking 20 min
Long warm up with McGill big 3, hip circle
1. Sumo pulls 135×5, 225×3, 315×2, 5×2@365
2. Pull-ups x20. Best I’ve gotten is 21 at a much lighter weight.
3. Chest supported row 2×15@270
4. Lat pulldowns 2×10@180,160
5. 1000m row in 3:48, rest 4 min, 500m row in 1:35
Latest posts by Danny Vega (see all)
- Danny Vega – High Protein recap and training - November 8, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Experiment UPDATE - October 28, 2017
- Danny Vega – Hypertrophy Week 1 – 1020Life Seminar - October 9, 2017