17 Jun Derek Wilcox: Strong(ish) Garagebell Chronicles 6-4-17 PRs All Over The Place
This is my peak intensity week in this block of tens. I’m quite happy about how the numbers went this week and was little bit surprised here and there.
Heavy Lower Day (Warm ups – Empty bar squats with wraps on quads/hams, rotational hip stretches, TFL stretch, bird dogs and shoulder mobility)
– Minimally Equipped Squats – 3×10 500lbs x10
a perfect number for a 10RM here but I was too fried for any more sets after this.
– Stiff Leg (Romanian) Deadlift –3×10 405lbs
these look very good on video but they were exceptionally hard to maintain my back posture. That balance of good form but straining to keep it is exactly what I was looking for for my peak intensity work.
– GHR Ham Curls+Sit Ups BW +35lbs
– Military Press –3×10 145lbs
Goo number for this. Difficult but didn’t need to break technique
–Chin Ups –3×10 BW+25lbs
–DB Rows –3×10 140lbs
Throwing went relatively well and I actually hit a small PR on my light weight with 61 feet. Just really need to learn a way to get my hips lower through the turns.
Latest posts by Derek Wilcox (see all)
- Derek Wilcox: Strong(ish) Garagebell Chronicles: Weightlifting Offseason Activities - March 13, 2018
- Derek Wilcox: Strong(ish) Garagebell Chronicles: Weightliffin and Truck Skinnin - February 4, 2018
- Derek Wilcox: Strong(ish) Garagebell Chronicles: Heaviest 5s And My Truck Is Getting Naked - January 20, 2018