02 Sep Paul Oneid – Deadlifts 9.2.2015
I am currently training for the RPS Autumn Apocalypse on Nov. 14, 2015 in Newark, NJ. I’ll be competing at 220lbs with wraps and gunning for a +2000lbs total.
Well, no one said it would be easy. If you remember in my last post, I said my IT band issue was resolving itself… I am a big liar. No amount of voodoo flossing, glute rolling or hip activation could open up my hip today. I pulled a shitty double, which should have been an easy 5 and called it for my main work. Moved onto accessories and then headed to the chiropractor to get worked on.
When you are trying to push the body past where it wants to go, it is going to fight back. I am lucky that my chiropractor knows me and knows how to address my issues. I have booked 2x weekly standing appointments up until the meet. With him, I will have Active release technique (ART), Shockwave therapy as well as adjustments for my SI joints. I am sure if I am diligent with this treatment, and continue to address my weak areas of mobility, namely hip rotation, I will be healthy and ready for a big meet. Lucky for me I have a deload next week and can catch up on treatment! I will talk more about my deload strategy next week for anyone who is interested.
1.Sumo -5×5 starting at 525, goal was 585×5
525×2… too much pain and pressure feeling. Called it.
2. Semi-stiff leg deficit deadlift – called for 3×5 working up, starting at 415. To make up for the missed volume of sumo work, I did 5×5 here.
455×5, PR! See, a silver lining!
3. Good mornings – I don’t “push” these. I keep nice and tight and focus on my back posture and bracing my midsection.
After finishing up I headed over to the chiro. Feeling ok right now, just a bit upset and frustrated. I have very big goals and need everything to run smoothly from here on out. I will rest tomorrow and take what my body will give me for squats Friday.
Latest posts by Paul Oneid (see all)
- A Proposition for a Paradigm of Planning Your Personal Periodization - March 4, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | Feet Up Bench PR and Some Squats - March 1, 2019
- Paul Oneid –> Off-Season | A bit of everything - February 21, 2019