08 Jun LISA GUGGISBERG- OFFSEASON FLUFF & BUFF, BLOAT & CARBTASTIC CHEATS
I just finished the RPS Redemption meet in Fort Myers, FL where I totaled 840 at 114lbs which qualifies me for the 2016 XPC Finals at the Arnold. I am going into offseason mode and will do a meet in October as test meet to see where I am at before the Arnold. I am going to have a little fun with offseason and focus on some weaknesses.
I took the week off after competing in the RPS Redemption meet in Fort Myers on May 30, 2015. I didn’t completely abandon the gym. I still went in and did some fluff and buff work to keep the blood flowing and the push out the post meet bloat.
My diet has been way off the reservation this past week. I pretty much ate what I wanted and when I wanted. This is per the norm for me after a meet. I shove my face with greasy, salty, sugar, carbtastic food and get in all the things I had been craving while I was in meet prep. Meet prep I keep my diet strict. Since I am in offseason mode I won’t be as strict and allowing myself a cheat meal here and there.
This offseason I plan to work on some weaknesses I need to bring up. Uno numero is my bench. Bench is the weakest lift for me. I plan on benching twice a week and doing some banded speed work, working more with dumbells and floor presses. I also plan on working on being more explosive out of the hole on my squat. I’ll outline how I plan on doing that when I officially start my offseason work. I also need to strengthen my deadlifts from the floor which means I’ll be doing some deficit pulls. I’ll also be pulling sumo which is opposite stance for me.
I hit some legs, chest and shoulders this week to get some pump going. I love doing some traditional body building/fluff and buff workouts when I can fit them into my program.
- Dumbbell bench press 4×12
- Laying floor dumbbell presses with mini band 4×12-15
- Hammer Strength chest press 4×12-15
- Hammer Strength flys 4×12-15
- Leg extensions –Working sets 4×12, last set drop set.
- Warm up set 2×12- light weight
- Laying Leg Curls
- Working sets 4×12, last set drop set.
- Good mornings
- 3×20 @ 95, 125, 135
- Leg press
- 4×20 superset with walking lunges
- Warm up laying/chest supported side and front raises with 5lb dumbbells
- Flys 3×20
- Face pulls
- superset with cable upright rows 4×10-15
- Reverse Hammer Strength press x5 double arm, static hold one arm while single arm press x 5, switch arms repeat static hold then double arm x5 for 4 sets total.
- Dumbbell lateral raises 4×12-15
- Plate front raise 4×20
- McGill Big Three
- Front squats 5×5
- 95×5, 115×5, 125×5, 135×5, 155×5
- Hang squat cleans @ 95# 5×5
- I haven’t done these in a while and always hated them when I did Crossfit but these were surprisingly easy and form looked better than ever. If I clean I won’t do a full powerclean as the set-up is different than my traditional deadlift set up and I don’t want any form issues on set up carrying over to my deadlift set up. Another reason for the hang is you get more explosive hip work in which was my goal for doing these.
Latest posts by Lisa Guggisberg (see all)
- Lisa Guggisberg: Offseason Bench Day - July 16, 2018
- Lisa Guggisberg: TRYING OUT NEW INZER PREDATOR BRIEFS - July 5, 2018
- LISA GUGGISBERG-OFFSEASON BENCH & SQUATS - June 22, 2018