06 Nov Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions
I’m currently in an off season training cycle with a 3 day split over the course of 10 days, give or take a day. They are the standard Squat day, Bench day, and Deadlift day. My last meet was the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic where I totaled 1710@198 raw with wraps, which was far from what I wanted, but good enough for the win in my class. I’m hoping to compete again in the late winter/early spring, but don’t have anything picked out just yet. More on that as I figure it out.
Training has come around the last couple weeks. My schedule is still really hectic with work, the farm, and the house, but we’re getting closer to the slow season at work and on the farm coming up soon, so I should be able to buckle down on training and start getting ready for a meet. We are also planning a large addition on the house that we’ve been remodeling for the last several years (1870’s farm house) which is also taking up a lot of time, but it’s going well and we’re looking forward to the finished product.
Here’s what I did in the gym for the last round of training:
10/26/2018, Squat training
The nagging injury in my hamstring is finally feeling better for the most part, so I decided to squat some light sets of 5 here. I worked up slowly and carefully. Here’s what it looked like:
Lots of body weight squatting, McGill’s, Donkey kicks, Glute activation, Cat/Camel, Butt kicks, Lunges
150×10, 150×8, 240×8, 330×5, 380×5, 420×5
Seated hamstring curls
- That was all of it. I kept rest periods relatively short and got all the work done in just over an hour and a half. Overall I’m pleased that I was able to squat pain free.
11/1/2018, Bench training
Nothing crazy to report here. Just a night to go in and do some light sets of 3
Push ups, DB OHP, Side laterals, Scarecrows
Bench w Mastodon
60x20x2 sets, 150×10, 200×8, 240×5, 260×3, 280×3, 300×3
Paused bench w Mastodon
4 sets of 10-12
4 sets of 12
Band pull aparts
100 total reps
- That was it, fast session, less than an hour and a half. Just the wife and I at 9pm or so on a Thursday night.
11/3/2018, Deadlift training
Back to sets of 5 here. I’m currently pulling conventional and double overhand
BW squat, McGill’s, Cat/Camel, Donkey kicks, More BW squatting
135×10, 225×8, 315×5, 405×5, 445×5, 475×5
3 sets of 8
3 sets of 10
Machine shrugs/Calve raise SS
Alt DB curls
4 sets of 10-12
- That was it, wrapped up that little block of training in a good way. Everything is obviously light, but considering how hectic my life has been and how intermittent training has been, I’ll take it. The next block will be a little heavier but very similar to this. Stay tuned for that.
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.