27 Oct RPS Meet part 1: Rest of the weight cut and refueling for meet day
The weight cut last Thursday was not an easy one, at all. In my last post I talked about the prep leading in which took me down to 257 with 24hr to go, which was perfect, or so I thought.
The final 24hr is outlined here in full detail here in the ebook Cutting Weight – the ultimate guide to weight class sports
I did all the correct prepping and such, but the water still did not want to come off. This could be due to a couple reasons.
1. I’m already down so much from 293 in May
2. I’m much leaner than in years past.
4. every cut is different, no two are the same ever.
Either way, I got the weight off, and the refueling went great. I had no stomach issues and ate plenty of food and beverage all day.
I do hate cutting weight, but the reward outweights the potential risk. Those that automatically say it’s dumb are usually (not always):
1. Super heavies or 308ers
2. people who have no will power or drive
3. not great lifters themselves and don’t get how much more competitive it can make you because they’ve never been themselves.
I went to bed at 269, and woke up at 267 which is a perfect weight for me. I had no issues cramping or feeling sick so I figured that it went about as good as it could have. I felt full, but not too bloated.
Note: going forward – I’m going to continue to make my way to 255 so I’m in much closer striking range, and it’s not such a process.
Next part I post will be my goals leading into this meet, and how the meet actually went.
Thanks for reading! [share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Podcast: Table Talk with Dave Tate from Arnold weekend (4th time stopping by) - March 13, 2023
- Back Pain Clinician (yours) – my thoughts - January 31, 2023
- Sciatic Nerve Pain (stop stretching) - January 24, 2023
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.