18 Feb Zane Geeting – Sunday morning bench training
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC Finals at the Arnold Classic in Columbus, this March. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve posted a total, and I’m looking forward to changing that.
Sunday morning we benched a little earlier than normal because of some personal issues the wife and I had come up. This actually worked out pretty well as we were able to catch a session with Dirk, Josh, Gavin, and Greg. My goal for the day was to try a tighter shirt than the huge, loose one I’ve been using. Here’s how it went:
Fat man rows and push ups
Up to 290×1 raw
Add tighter shirt
380×0 (couldn’t even move it)
420×0 (moved it to about a 5 board, maybe)
– At this point I decided it was going to be too much shirt to learn this quickly before the meet. It was super tight and I was having trouble setting up in my normal position, it just wasn’t worth it. So I pulled it off and moved on to some raw close grip stuff.
Close grip 3 board
Up to 275x8x2 sets
3×10, up to 315×10
50’s x10, 6, 4 rest pause
Rear delt DB fly’s
30’s x15x 3 sets
– That was the end of it. I got in some good triceps, trap, and rear delt work. These are all important muscle groups for me when setting up and pressing in a shirt. Tuesday night I’ll be back in the gym to test out the biceps and see what I can do to still train up until the meet.[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.