15 Jan Zane Geeting, Arnold Classic Meet Prep Week 5 with VIDEO
I’m currently training for the 2018 XPC Finals at the Arnold Classic Sports Festival where I’ll be competing raw in the 198 lb division. My goal here is to best my PR total of 1720 in this class. Daniel Dalenberg is handling my 2x per week training split, and Tucker Locken my diet.
This was a great week of training. I got to take some weights in the last warm up/opener range, and everything went really well. I din’t manage to get any video on the bench day because my wife who normally gets them for me was working in Houston TX all week. This left me short a camera lady, and with a full plate on the farm, but everything went relatively smoothly and I got both training sessions in. Here’s some video of my top 2 sets of squat on the lower day.
I probably cut these a little bit judging by the video, at least the first rep on the 600, and the 650. We didn’t have anyone there calling depth and I’m not quite adjusted to a tight wrap, so it threw me off a bit. Plenty of time to dial that in though, as you can see things are moving really well.
Here’s how the whole training week looked:
1/9/2018, Tuesday night Upper training
I got to the gym a bit late here, around 9pm, but I managed to get warmed up quickly and right to work. The goal of the night was to double a last warm up, then take a couple singles with my opener off of boards. Here’s what I did…
McGills, Bird dogs, Push ups, Side laterals, Scarecrows
Warmed up to 285×2, then 315×2 and 335×2
- All of these went great. On to accessories. I was supposed to start with floor press, but the floor in the gym literally had ice on it in places it was so cold. So I opted to stay on the bench.
4 sets of 12 reps
5 sets of 8 reps
100 total reps with a band
Hammer curl/Band Pressdown SS
5 sets of 15/15
- That was the end of it. Really good session, no reason I shouldn’t have a shot at 400+@198 at this meet which would make me very happy considering the missing pec. Still a long way from where I used to be, but I’m realistic with my goals these days. Double BW with one pec is a win in my book, now I just need to make it happen.
1/12/2018, Friday night Lower training
The call here was to double the last warm up, and reverse band something around an opener. I think I hit the nail on the head there. As I mentioned above, I do want to get the squats a touch deeper before meet time, but there’s plenty of time left for that.
BW squat, McGills, Bird dogs, Glute bridges, Banded GM’s, Cat/Camel, More BW squatting
Warmed up to 470, then wrapped up for… 510×1, 560×1, 600×2
Reverse Monster Mini Band (about 90 off in the hole, full weight at top)
5 sets of 5 reps
5 sets of 8 reps
- I called it there. It was late and I was hungry. Food and rest were more important than my last couple accessories. I hate to skip anything, but I know what I need at this stage of the game.
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.