13 Jul Zane Geeting, Catching up on training with some DL Video
I’m currently in an off-season training cycle working on bringing up some weaknesses. I don’t have a meet picked out at the moment, but in a perfect world I’d take advantage of my 2018 WPO invite. Things have been extremely busy at work and on the farm, so I’m continuing with my 2x per week training schedule, on a 3 day split. I’ll make up my mind on a meet in the coming weeks.
It’s been a while since my last update, but here are some highlights of training and then life…
- I’m healthy and all three lifts are progressing well.
- I haven’t handled a ton of weight on anything but have worked around 470 on squat, 305 on bench, and 465 on deadlift, all for higher reps
- I’m putting a lot of focus on bringing my upper back strength and size back to where it used to be
- I’m using a 3 day split even though I’m training 2x per week, this leaves me hitting each lift every 10 days or so
- I’m doing a lot of conventional pulling as it’s been very beneficial for me in the past
- I’m working on switching back to hook grip for several reasons
- Here’s a video of what one of my deadlift sessions has looked like more recently:
- I haven’t cut my hair in a year (I’m sure someone noticed)
- The farm is doing well, we have Thanksgiving Turkeys growing, about 70 new laying hens, around 20 hogs with processing dates scheduled through the fall, plus all the other usual fun. Lots of work being done
- I’m running finance for 2 of our dealerships now, this has meant some extra hours and a lot more busy work, overall its seeming to work out well
- Tuesday and I are really enjoying life as much as possible, getting closer to having a complete house all the time, succeeding at work, and her lifting is really taking off. Very happy here, but always working on better balance.
I’ll get more specifics up in the coming weeks, and hopefully some detailed log posts. I just wanted to catch things up for anyone who might be interested in what’s been going on with me.
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Off season training from 8/6/18 to 8/19/18 - August 27, 2018
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training for the week of 7/30/18 - August 9, 2018
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training for the week of 7/23/18 - August 1, 2018