26 Jan Zane Geeting, First time back in full squat gear with video
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic, this March. Its been close to two years since I’ve put up a total, and its time to change that.
Friday night I got to the gym a few minutes early and got warmed up well. I was a little bit nervous to see how things were going to go in full gear. Its been a long time since I’ve had it on, and to tell you the truth, I’ve never really enjoyed the feeling of it. Its restrictive, you can’t feel your legs well, and the pressure is like nothing else you will ever experience. To sum it up, its scary shit, but its also awesome to hit a big squat in the gear. I’m not back to hitting anything big yet, but I am pleased with how it went considering the above.
Fat man rows and push ups
A couple sets with the bar
Warmed up raw to 440×1
Worked up to 620×1… I am not happy with my briefs. I can squat my BW to legal depth even after my legs are pumped.
Suit straps down
Full gear (all sets on video below)
800×1 (almost dumped the bar if you’re wondering why it looks funny)
Reverse monster mini band
– I’m not grooving any of these squats perfectly, but as you can see, I’m moving the weights pretty well, and getting depth. This is a really good sign this far out from a meet, and for the first time in full gear. The 800 was scary because I let some air out, got loose, and almost dumped the bar. This was nothing other than not being used to the pressure, obviously I recovered fine and still squatted the weight.
SS bar 3 sec pause squat
– My glutes were dead and I knew I wasn’t getting anything out of these.
3 sets of 10 with each leg
3 sets of 30 seconds
– That was the end of it. Pretty uneventful session, but I’m happy with how it went overall. I have a few heavy sessions left to dial it in, and hopefully I can find some of my old briefs that fit me/work better. My BW is down in the low-mid 220’s, from the mid 240’s, so things aren’t fitting great. The suit I’m wearing is actually the same one I wore back in 2010, the last time I was this light.
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.