29 Jun Zane Geeting, Friday night squat and deadlift training with video
I’m currently in an off-season training cycle, working on bringing up my work capacity and some weak areas. During this part of the off-season I’m training 2x per week because of my hectic summer schedule. As the competition season approaches I’ll make my way back to 3x per week. As of now I’m planning on hitting a meet in the late fall/early winter, then the XPC finals again this year.
Friday night put me back to the low volume squat and deadlift from the floor part of my rotation. I worked late, so I didn’t make it to the gym until a little after 9pm. Luckily form me, Brandon and Dirk waited for me to get started. It had been a long day, but I felt surprisingly good, so I was actually looking forward to training. Here’s how things went:
Bird dogs, McGills, Cat/Camel, Fat man push ups and rows
Warm ups, then… 420×3, 510×2, and 540×1 (the top 2 sets were around an RPE of 7)
– My knees kicked a little bit on the second rep of 510 which slowed me down a bit, but that was just a small technical thing.
Warm ups, then… 605×2
– These felt like hell. Stiff, bent bar is what I’m blaming it on, but who knows.
3 sets of 15 reps
3 sets of 20
3 sets of 25
– That was all of it. I didn’t get in quite as much accessory volume as I had wanted to, but it was getting late and I had a lot of stuff to get done on Saturday, so I hit what was important to me and got home for food and rest. Overall I’m pleased with the session and looking forward to squatting a little more volume next week. This off season is going very well right now, and I’m enjoying the 2 day per week split.[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.