19 Feb Zane Geeting, Tuesday night deadlift accessories
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic in Columbus OH, this March. Its been almost 2 years since I’ve posted a total, and I’m looking forward to changing that.
Unfortunately I tore my left biceps in the muscle/tendon junction 2 weeks ago, so I’ve had to alter my training quite a bit. I’m still going to do the meet, so we’ll see what happens.
This week I decided to test the biceps a little bit. I’ve been doing some light band curls to flush the area with blood and speed up the healing process, as well as getting ultrasound and e-stim on the injured area. It seems to be responding well, so I thought it would be good to work up with some rowing and curling movements to see how it feels. Normally I would wait longer after an injury to attempt this, but given the circumstances, I have to make a move.
Fat man rows and push ups
– I started feeling some tightness in the biceps here, so I called it good. I did these with a wider than usual grip to keep stress on the biceps to a minimum.
Seated cable row
– No pain or discomfort, again, I did these wider than usual, less bend on the arm.
High pulley cable shrugs
3×10 with the stack
100’s x20x4 sets
– The tightness started a bit here, called it good. This was much better than I had expected though.
– Overall I’m calling this session a huge success, the injury seems to be healing much better than expected. Wednesday night I went back to the chiro and had ultrasound done on the biceps again. This is breaking up the hematoma fast, and getting all the old blood and inflammation out of the muscle. I need all of that gone so I can get as much new blood and nutrients to the area as possible.
– I’ll be back in the gym Friday night. I probably won’t do much squatting, but may do some light pulling to see where I’m at, and how the arm is holding up.
https://1020life.gameplan.com – Make sure to check out Game Plan Nutrition’s full line of supplements. These are some top notch, American made products.[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.