14 Jan Zane Geeting, Tuesday night deadlift accessories. Feeling out the lat
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic, this March. Its been 2 years since I’ve put up a total, its time to change that.
Tuesday night would have been a scheduled deadlift night. Since I pulled what we can guess was in the 92%-95% range on Saturday afternoon, and injured my left lat, I decided to make this an accessory night. The goal for the night was to feel things out and see what I can do for the upper back. I can keep my deadlift strong without pulling heavy, but I need to be able to get in some quality upper back work to make that happen.
Fat man rows and push ups
One arm DB rows
40’s x15 ea. arm
50’s x15 ea. arm
60’s x15 ea. arm
– Good here, I kept them slow and controlled, little to no pain. Good start.
Chest supported rows
– These were not as good. I could feel that going any heavier would risk irritation to the lat. For reference I usually work in the low to mid 300’s range on these.
Seated cable rows
– These felt good, I’ll try to go a little heavier on them next week.
80’s x20x2 sets
– These were good, I will have to be careful picking up heavier DB’s for the next couple weeks though.
3 sets of 12 up to 55 lb. DB’s
3 sets of 15-20 with 45 lbs.
– That was the end of it. This is actually much better than I had expected since I’m only 3 days out from the injury. I’m thinking my theory of scar tissue is probably correct at this point. While it is injured, it doesn’t appear to be serious at all. I’m going to see if I can get in for some ART tonight (Wed).[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]