05 Jan Zane Geeting, Week 2 squat training for the XPC
I’m currently training to make my comeback to the platform for the XPC finals at the Arnold Classic. Between now and then I’ll be doing Dan Dalenberg’s APF push/pull meet here in MI, this Jan.
This was my second week back in squat gear. I chose to again work in a suit bottom with no briefs and no wraps. I’ll probably introduce briefs next week, then start to increase the weight more and add straps and wraps in the following weeks. Here’s what I did in this weeks session:
Fat man rows and push ups
warm up to 440×3 raw, then…
Suit bottom, no briefs or wraps
Raw, beltless pause squat (3 sec pause)
3 sets of 6, up to 330×6
– I had a lower back pump from hell after these, so I skipped my RDL’s in order to keep moving on what was already a very late session.
2 sets of 10 ea. leg
30 sec. x3 sets
Lat pulldowns (fat bar)
3 sets of 10, up to 220×10
– That was all of it. Overall I’m happy with the session. I did get a little out of shape on the 2nd rep of the second set with 670, knees came forward a bit. I’m still getting used to squatting in gear again, so I can’t expect everything to be perfect, but overall it feels pretty good. This coming week will be a light week, then I’ll start jumping into the higher percentages. Stay tuned for that.
[share title=”Share this Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”][author title=”About the Author”]
Latest posts by Zane Geeting (see all)
- Zane Geeting, Training Update 1/15/2019 - January 15, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Off Season Training Update - January 7, 2019
- Zane Geeting, Last 3 Off Season Training Sessions - November 6, 2018
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.