04 Sep Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 1 day 1 Squat & Deadlift | 10 weeks out from the WPO
This RRR logo is now live! Get some RRR swag here!
I officially started my prep on Saturday, and the goal is to start getting my body used to the load and pressure that will be coming over the next ten weeks.
This session took place exactly 10 weeks out from November 11. I’m very happy with how the last 10 weeks have went.
This first 10/20/Life precontest 3 week mini-cycle (2 weeks up, 1 week deload) will consist of the following: Straight bar squats with full gear, Bench press with SDP off boards, and deads from the floor in the fusion (starting next week).
- Inzer LUP Size 2xl, Preds Size 38 and 4×4 Knee wraps
- SDP Black Size 56 and 56/54 with 4×4 Wrist wraps
- Fusion DL with Velcro & Grid, size 38
- Red/White/Blue Inzer Forever Belt
9.1.18 Week 1, day 1 Squat/DL:
- 70% for singles
- McGill Big 3
- Side laterals
- Scapula walks
- Internal/external rotation
- Rear delt flye
- Band pull-aparts
- Predator Briefs to 700, 2 singles at 810 – 70%
- Fusion DLer from 2″ blocks: 2 singles 585 – 70%
- Pause belt squat: 3×6
- Walking cooldown
Excellent training session and environment on Saturday. I freaking love it. Everything felt right and natural and moved as well as it should at this point. If anything at 70% is substantial, I’m in trouble, regardless of how trained or detrained may or may not be.
I’m stoked for the coming weeks where this hard work will start revealing itself.
Body feels better than it has in a long time and the extra mile pays off. Training will become difficult in the coming weeks, and per usual, I’ll want to cut corners but to see the roster will keep me on track. Knowing one missed lift could bump me down a place or 4.
Here’s a peak of the roster:
Chris Della Fave
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Update – what has been going on!? – Brian Carroll - October 5, 2021
- The best squat instruction top to bottom ever done - July 2, 2021
- The clearest McGill Big 3 instruction ever - June 18, 2021