04 Oct Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life precontest| Week 1 Day 2 | Bench with video
Blue and I will be competing in December to qualify for the WPO Semi-finals/XPC Worlds. I need to achieve a top 30 by a coefficient to qualify. The goal is not to peak for this meet, but to get a total. I will be competing at 308 for the first time but will drop back down to 275 for future meets.
Week 1, Day 2 Monday’s Bench 9.30.19
- Suitcase carry
- McGill big 3
- Cervical/Thoracic Mobility
- Lock pull-down
- Shoulder big 3
- KB row
- DB press
- Bench top set of 235×3, 285×2 plus 220-ish in chain
- Added SDP shirt Size 60: 5boardd-375×3, 4board-415×3, 3board-465×3+ chains
- Incline DB press: 3×10
- Triceps pressdown with bands: 3×15
Like the squat on Saturday, the bench was HEAVY. I fell to some peer pressure and went heavier than I should have and doubled 285, when I should have went lighter and did a triple.
After I finished my raw work, I moved on to SDP work with varying grips as the shirt was stretching. I had a couple training partners wear this shirt for about 10 sets before I slid it on and started with a 5-board, then down to a 3 by my last set.
The good news is my shoulder felt fine with the wider comp grip in the shirt/felt good in the shirt overall (I was concerned about both). I was a little worried after not loading it that heavy for 11months that it may get grumpy, but even 4 days later I have zero pain.
Great session, very happy with the progress.
The weight loss is still a work in progress (diet is good but snacks)–lot’s of cool things on the horizon that I’m excited about in training and in life, so it’s not a huge concern at this point. Simply dropping about 5-7lbs has made a massive difference. I want to carry about 285-90 with the same BF composition as I carried at 265.
Tossing Pred briefs on this weekend and will be cranking it up a little bit! I’m thinking around a 600 triple and 700 single plus chains. We shall see.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life precontest| Week 1 Day 2 | Bench with video - October 4, 2019
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life precontest| Week 1 Day 1 | Squat and deadlift with video - September 30, 2019
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Offseason | Week 6 bench press deload with video log - September 27, 2019