10 Oct Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 6 day 2 Bench press deload | 5 weeks out from the WPO
Check out our shop’s brand new facelift along with some new swag! HERE
I officially started my prep 9.1.18, and the goal was to start getting my body used to the Inzer gear, load, and pressure that will be coming over the next ten weeks.
We are now less than five weeks out from November 11.
This first 10/20/Life precontest 3 week mini-cycle (2 weeks up, 1 week deload) consisted of the following: Straight bar squats LUP and 4×4 knee wraps, Bench press with SDP off boards, and deads from the floor in the Fusion.
- All Inzer Advance Designs top to bottom
- LUP Size 2xl, Predator brief Size 38 and 4×4 Knee wraps
- SDP Black Size 56 and 56/54 with 4×4 Wrist wraps
- Fusion DLer with Velcro & Grid, size 38
- Red/White/Blue Inzer Forever Belt Single Prong
The first part (3 weeks) of my training cycle went well. So far so good on this second mini-cycle too as this is the second “up” week which wrapped up last Monday 10.1 with some benches in the 90% plus range off the 2board.
I’m now in my deload week and recovering from the second wave (3 weeks) as I prepare for the home stretch and final three weeks of the push starting this Saturday.
10.6.18 Saturday Week 6, day 1 Squat/DL deload
- McGill Big 3
- Side laterals
- Scapula walks
- Internal/external rotation
- Rear delt flye
- Flat DB press: 4×10
- Bench form work – 235×1- 5 singles
- Incline DB press: 4×10
- One-arm band press-downs: 4×10
- Walking cooldown
For those following along, for this cycle, I’m working off my goal percentages and staying pretty much week to a week straight out of the 10/20/Life book with the template progressions, every 3-week deloads, etc. but one significant change would be multiple single-sets vs. rep-sets of triples and doubles.
Another par for the course deload on Monday. Feeling pretty good and better than I did earlier this week.
I have quite a bit of work to do the next couple of weeks, but I have a great support team around me, and they have my back and will keep me in check.
As I’ve said, this weekend and next will let me know where I stand and what adjustments I’ll need to make and focus on until the meet.
I truly appreciate all of the help Adam, Clint, Kieth, Filipe, Mike, Blue, and Shane have given me this cycle and the sacrifices they have made to help me out.
Last thing: don’t miss SWIS 2018 Oct 26-18 2018. You will never see a line-up again for such a great price. For three days right now it’s only $710!
I’m looking forward to this weekend as Stu, and I will be presenting on Saturday am. I will also be a part of a panel with Kaz, Eddy, JL, Ken W on old school powerlifting vs. new school.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 7 day 2 Bench press | 4 weeks out from the WPO - October 17, 2018
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 7 day 1 Squat and Deadlift | 4 weeks out from the WPO - October 16, 2018
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 6 day 2 Bench press deload | 5 weeks out from the WPO - October 10, 2018