13 Jun Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life | Week 1 day 2 Bench/shoulder rehab | 22 weeks out from the WPO
This featured image ^^^ is one of our newest logos that we will be rolling out on tee’s very soon. Be on the lookout and check out our shop often for new swag here: Shop
Announcement: Our first Gift of Injury course (Dr. McGill and Myself) is scheduled for Columbus, Ohio on December 1, 2018, at The Spot Athletics. This excellent facility, owned by Legend Powerlifter, Business Mogul and Strength Authority JL Holdsworth in Dublin. You can register HERE.
I just finished a 10-week ‘peak’ training cycle where I accomplished my goals of getting back to competition strength and shape and will be entering into a long offseason for the upcoming WPO in Nov of this year. Like many other TeamPRS athletes, our very own Tucker Loken is handling my diet.
If you haven’t yet, check out my new series of articles “my greatest influences,” please see the links below:
Monday I felt pretty good, so I wanted progress ahead with more direct chest work with DB’s after a very thorough warm-up and my every day rehab.
- Warm-up: General 10/20/Life warm-up, as usual, each day includes but not limited to: Breaking a sweat, McGill big 3 and always band pull-aparts and shoulder band work.
- Flat DB press: 6×10
- Side raise: 4×10
- Front raise: 4×10
- Rear delt raise: 4×10
- Hammer curl: 4×10
- Supinated curl: 4×10
- One Arm KB bottoms up bench: 3×10
- Piston press-down: 4×10
Fun training session. I have been very carefully monitoring what additional exercise make me feel good in the shoulder area, and what makes me feel not so good and * I think I * have it narrowed down. Will continue to push the weights up over the next few weeks. I didn’t go heavier than the 60lb DB’s, as to not get greedy. I have LOTS of time, 22 weeks and I don’t need to do anything stupid.
A couple more weeks and I should be good to start using a barbell again. Thank God.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 7 day 2 Bench press | 4 weeks out from the WPO - October 17, 2018
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 7 day 1 Squat and Deadlift | 4 weeks out from the WPO - October 16, 2018
- Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life Precontest | Week 6 day 2 Bench press deload | 5 weeks out from the WPO - October 10, 2018