26 Jun Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life | Week 3 day 1 Squat & DL Deload | 20 weeks out from the WPO
Be on the lookout and check out our shop often for new swag here: Shop
Announcement: Our first Gift of Injury course (Dr. McGill and Myself) is scheduled for Columbus, Ohio on December 1, 2018, at The Spot Athletics. This excellent facility, owned by Legend Powerlifter, Business Mogul and Strength Authority JL Holdsworth in Dublin. You can register HERE.
If you haven’t yet, check out my new series of articles “my greatest influences,” please see the links below:
I trained on Friday with my wife Ria, and then we went to the beach after to finish-up the week before heading to Orlando for the PHAT/SPHEM for the NHL. I was scheduled to speak on Saturday, so I had to move a few things around.
I took the deload squat/DL and combined with my typical fluff and buff every Friday, and got it done.
Note: As some of you have read, I am working on some weaknesses and imbalances in my shoulder capsule. This has been something I have worked around (or ignored the dull pain in my rear delt during the squat) for years, but it finally reared it’s ugly head a few months ago when I almost ripped my pec off the bone raising my arm.
I’m slowly getting back to regular training, but it’s currently focused around correcting this issue and attacking my weak points.)
- Warm-up: General 10/20/Life warm-up, as usual, each day includes but not limited to: Breaking a sweat, McGill big 3 and always band pull-aparts and shoulder band/DB work.
- Training: Week 3, day 1 deload week
- Side laterals: 4×10
- Rear delt flye w/squeeze: 4×10
- More band pull-aparts (did them in warm-up too)
- 2-arm DB row w/squeeze: 4×10
- Belt squat 4×8 – super light
- Goblet squat: 4×8
- DB press: 4×10
- Rope press-downs: 4×10
- Modified skull crusher: 4×10
- 2-arm band press-down: 4×10
- Left-arm double band triceps extension: 4×10
- Stir the pot: 100
Great session, and son it is getting HOT. It’s certainly easy to break a sweat now, which is good.. Until you can’t stop.
The shoulder and pec are right (will be progressing back to bench press now), the weekend went well, and my talk had a nice response. Huge thanks to Stu McGill and Nelson Ayotte for having me down to speak on Gift of Injury.
We will have a special guest this weekend at Samson, and I’m looking forward to moving toward a more normal offseason training approach. 20 weeks out. The timing couldn’t be any better.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Update – what has been going on!? – Brian Carroll - October 5, 2021
- The best squat instruction top to bottom ever done - July 2, 2021
- The clearest McGill Big 3 instruction ever - June 18, 2021