02 Jul Brian Carroll | 10/20/Life | Week 4 day 1 Squat & DL | 19 weeks out from the WPO
Starting another 3-week mini-cycle. This cycle will consist of the following:
Cambered bar squats for triples/doubles then single/deload
4″ block pulls – same rep scheme the next 4 weeks
Stability bench – might do more repetitions since this is more of ‘rehab’/transitional at this point but same idea.
- Warm-up: General 10/20/Life warm-up, as usual, each day includes but not limited to: Breaking a sweat, McGill big 3 and always band pull-aparts and shoulder band/DB work.
- Training: Week 4, day 1 Squat & DL
- RPE 6 for this day
- Cambered bar squat: triples to 315
- 4″ block pull: 315 for a few sets
- Belt pause squat: 4×6 – going up in weight each set
- Romanian DL hybrid: 4×6
SMOKED. There is just no substitute for free weight and the demand it creates for stability. I love the belt squat and the different variants, but there is just no comparison. I’m writing this on Monday afternoon, and I am sore head to toe, in a right way.
I’m looking forward to the next few weeks as I ramp up the RPE and the weight.
19 weeks out. I’m excited about this entire training cycle/process. I’ve needed this time off. No more overcommitting, no more running on fumes like the last few meets. Boundaries are in place.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Update – what has been going on!? – Brian Carroll - October 5, 2021
- The best squat instruction top to bottom ever done - July 2, 2021
- The clearest McGill Big 3 instruction ever - June 18, 2021