08 Feb Brian Carroll Training update- cleared to return to training/shoulder update
Today will be the first time getting under the bar in 3 months. I’m looking forward to this as I have my new home gym about ready. We’ve been working hard over the last 2 months and I’m looking forward to being able to lift again. Much more to come concerning the gym and some details as I’ll be looking for dedicated training partners to come train with us for free.
The last couple of months I’ve been focused on cervical, thoracic mobility, and shoulder rehab. I’ve stayed true to the process, and have done as little as possible to aggravate the damage, but moving gym equipment is not conducive to the process.
Lately, by Andrew Lock, I’ve been doing a lot of rowing 4-5x a week, along with specialized pull-downs, shoulder work with only walking for lower body. As soon as my belt squat comes, I’ll add some lower body work in.
Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last week every day, and alternating with light days, heavy days and then skipping the KB rows every third day to heal up.
- 2-3 10min walks per day
- McGill big 3
- Cervical mobility
- Thoracic mobility
- Lock pulldowns 4-5 sets with a band (on a light day)
- Lock pulldowns 4-5 sets with the cable stack (on a heavier day)
- Kb rows with 40-50lbs 3×15 (on a lighter day)
- Kb rows with 80lbs 3×12 (on a heavier day)
I get to start barbell rows and some bench press today with some more shoulder rotation sprinkled in. Shoulder feels pretty good most days, so no complaints.
I have some video I’ll post up soon, as well as today’s bench session posted up soon.
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Trip to DOPE and Matt Vincent’s Podcast in St Louis - November 28, 2023
- Trip to St Louis for a colab with Squat University - November 21, 2023
- Getting To Know The Backfitpro Team: Stuart McGill x Brian Carroll - November 3, 2023