26 Jan Brian Carroll’s Follow Up: The six questions you HAVE to ask yourself about your “GURU”.
By: Brian Carroll
As I’ve written about at great length, there are so many strength training programs and gurus to follow with people pulling you in so many different directions. Suddenly and OVERNIGHT – everyone became an expert on strength. Now, anyone and everyone with a powerlifting total (some more like a subtotal) are putting out ebooks, tips, and content, videos on ‘how to’ as well as other things they have NO BUSINESS doing. Why do they have no business doing this? WATCH THEM!! They are obviously clueless! A tree is known by the fruits it bears, right?
WATCHING SOME OF THE GURUS ABOVE IS LIKE…..
I’m probably the world’s WORST handyman. My wife would attest to that 100%, TRUST ME. It’s painfully obvious that I SUCK at it, even if I do happen to get lucky and ACTUALLY fix 1/10 of the things I blindly and accidentally fix.
THE LAST thing I’m EVER qualified to do is ADVISE others on how to fix shit. Obviously, my knowledge is lacking on the subject as I suck at it, BAD. So, with that said: how the F*CK am I supposed to pass on knowledge and practical application on a subject that I obviously am clueless about, and far from an authority in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM?
Oops… Sorry for the rant. Back to the questions from the post the other day:
When you’re looking for a coach, just use Dave Tate’s list of questions. If you can’t answer one or more of them, or the answers you find aren’t good enough, move on:
1. What’s his/her educational background?
2. Who are his/her mentors?
3. Who has this person coached?
4. What has he/she done in this profession/sport?
5. Has this person been able to make people stronger than they were?
6. How good are they at what they preach?
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Trip to DOPE and Matt Vincent’s Podcast in St Louis - November 28, 2023
- Trip to St Louis for a colab with Squat University - November 21, 2023
- Getting To Know The Backfitpro Team: Stuart McGill x Brian Carroll - November 3, 2023