The book describes some baseline set/reps schemes for assistance work. I was just wondering if for the odd lift (in the case; paused front squats) it’s ok to take a ramping top set to 8-12 reps at a 7-8 RPE.
reasons are pretty selfish
1) leaves out some guess work as to what will feel good for 4 straight across sets
2) allows me to actually push a bit harder knowing I just gotta crank out one solid 8RPE set.
curious on your thoughts
Latest posts by (see all)
- Trip to DOPE and Matt Vincent’s Podcast in St Louis - November 28, 2023
- Trip to St Louis for a colab with Squat University - November 21, 2023
- Getting To Know The Backfitpro Team: Stuart McGill x Brian Carroll - November 3, 2023