01 Apr Brian Carroll: Week 4 training and a whirlwind week
I'm currently training in an offseason approach using the 10/20/Life method. I've only been back to training for about four weeks, and shoulder has been excellent, with very few roadblocks and setbacks. Huge thanks to Andrew Lock for the help in my shoulder progressions and understanding a better way to incorporate upper back training into my approach.
To be transparent, I have not kept my training log updated as much as I should. I’m going to be better about this going forward with log updates every Monday and Wednesday with new content going up on Friday.
I have been very preoccupied with building an excellent team of lifters here at the HQ Gym. Those wanting to join us in the Jacksonville, Fl area, shoot me an email at Brian@PowerRackStrength.com. For those following along, Team Samson powerlifting after 15 years is no more. I will be publishing an article about my time with Adam’s team in the coming days-weeks. I’m eternally grateful for all that Adam has done for me in providing an excellent place for me to learn how to train/lift.
Last week’s training:
- Everything felt good. I handled three plates on the bench for the first time since November, no pain!
- It felt heavy in my hands
- Squats to 4 plates on the new SSB bar
- It was heavier than it should have been!
- We added the Squat Max MD to our arsenal here at the gym
- It’s the best belt squat I have ever used (more on this soon).
In other news, I just got back from a trip to Buffalo, NY for McGill 3. I had the privilege to work with about 110 amazing attendees and teach them about ultimate performance. Ria and I were on vacation in NC at the cabin Friday, and then I was in Buffalo, NY on Saturday!
I have to say they were an amazing, diverse group of MD’s, Chiro’s, trainers, coaches and athletes which made for a great time.
Thank you, Stu and Ed, for giving me the opportunity! I hope this is the first of many that Ed Cambridge and I will run. Now that I’m back settled in, it’s time to buckle down and figure out this year’s plans. Lot’s to figure out!
I don’t have a meet picked out currently, but I’m working on a few things first. I have to say, it’s exceptionally rejuvenating training with a motivated, young and hungry group and being around fresh blood. It’s my fault that I got stale, so I’m doing something about it. This is exactly what I’ve needed for years; renewed motivation!
Latest posts by Brian Carroll (see all)
- Brian Carroll: Week 4 training and a whirlwind week - April 1, 2019
- Brian Carroll Week 3 10/20/Life offseason training and overall update - March 25, 2019
- Brian Carroll Week 2 day 1 training transition - March 5, 2019